Monday, June 1, 2009

Deshanique's Middle Name (Part Four)

So, after we set up camp in Mexico (which took forever by the way, camp for 62 people takes a long time), we had wrok crew meetings, dinner, a camp fire, and went to bed. The next morning we got up at six to get ready, make our lunches, and have breakfast to get out of there by 7:30. It took about 20 minutes to get to our worksite, so we were there before 8:00 in the morning. On Monday, the foundatiuon for our house was laid and we started building walls. It was hot and sunny that day; I got a sunburn on my scalp. I spent the almost the wholen day sawing 22 1/2 inch fireblocks for the walls, and my arm was hella tired by the end of the day. But for part of the day I also mixed cement. Mind you, we had no power tools or cement mixers, so the cement job was tiring. Good workout for your legs, if you do it right.

No comments: